BENEFITS OF LEMONGRASS
Also known as cymbopogon citratus, Lemongrass is long, thin leaves. It is from these leaves that the lemongrass oil is extracted. Lemongrass essential oil has a lemony-sweet fragrance that is commonly described as revitalizing.Several benefits of lemongrass tree have been noticed by numerous of persons of which some are mentioned below:
- Lemongrass oil can be use as topical eye medication or in case of blurring of vision.
- It helps in reducing pain and inflammation in muscles and joints;
- It can also help relieve toothache and headache.
- It is helpful for those who are suffering from depression, stress.
- Effective in bringing down very high fever.
- It helps in reducing high blood pressure
- It helps in removal of toxic substances from the body.
- Lemongrass in form of oil and shampoo can help in good health of nails,skin and hair.
Lemongrass oil can be used by blending with almond ,olive ,coconut or other carrier oil.It can also be used by mixing in lotion or moisturizer.
When used in candles or incense it can help in bring a meditative state thus creating an atmosphere where visualization and meditation can be done easily .