WAYS TO LOVE YOURSELF & DEVELOP SELF RESPECT
While doing someone’s healing the other day, I told the person – “You need to love yourself first, and be kind to yourself for the healing to be complete”. The response I got was – “What does ‘love yourself even mean..!”
Yes, most people aren’t aware of self-love, as it is something that has not been taught to us as kids. In
How to love yourself & develop ‘self-respect’
- When we come down to the crux of the matter, here’s a list of pointers for you to consider when starting your journey ‘self-love’ –
- You’re not the image of what you want other people to think of you, you have your own character and are your own person.
- Its ok if you’re not the perfect version of the person in the eyes of society. No one is. And if they are then again at what cost needs to be seen!
- God made all of us different, gave us different strengths etc. So stop comparing yourself to others, and focus on your good points instead. I always quote Albert Einstein on this one, “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
- There is nothing wrong with feeling what you feel and expressing yourself, kindly.
- Realize that not everyone will be happy and support you in your decisions, but if you really feel that you need to do it for yourself, then go ahead and do it as long as it gives you happiness and you’re not harming anyone.
- Don’t keep waiting for something or someone to happen. Continue on your path. Focus on your growth and keep the faith that if it is a part of God’s higher plan, it will work out for you.
- People will walk in and walk out of your life. It does not mean that there is something wrong with you. It just means that their role in your life is over. Try and understand the reason why they came into your life. Be grateful for the learning experience. When you are grateful for your misfortunes, chances are you have grown in that aspect of life. And the same thing will not happen again as you have prepared yourself to receive something greater.